Monday, February 16, 2015

Ten Book Related Problems I Have (could be serious or fun!)

It's time again for The Broke and The Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday.

This weeks theme was: Ten Book Related Problems I Have


1. Book Hoarding: 

I buy books like they are going out of style.  The reality is, I own far more books than I will ever have the time to read AND I keep buying books!  It's a real problem. 

2. Library Book Ordering Syndrome: 

I order books from the library in batches, and those batches are usually far more than I can handle in the four week checkout time. 

3. Library Envy:

I walk into other people's houses or public buildings and want their libraries.  I daydream about floor to ceiling bookcases with ladders. 

4. Inability to Let Go:

I don't like giving away books that I own, even if I read it and hated it.

5. Interrupted Anger Management: 

It's so annoying when I am reading and someone just starts talking to me.  Hello!  I'm reading! 

6. Finish the Chapter Insomnia: 

You know the feeling...you are so close to the end that you HAVE to keep reading.  Then the chapter ends on a cliff hanger and you HAVE to read the next one, and the next one, and well, you might as well finish the book. Who needs sleep anyway? 

7. Book to Movie Translation Compulsion: 

My husband can attest that if I read a book and then watch the movie, I will explain to him all the differences. 

8. Cold Bath Tub Complex: 

I LOVE reading in the tub.  Its so relaxing and no one is there to bug you.  But after awhile, if I get really caught up in a book, I will suddenly notice that I am shivering in a cold tub because I have been there for hours. Whoops! 

9. Book Smelling Addiction: 

I HAVE to smell a book before I buy it.  And while I am reading it. And if it's anywhere near me. 

10. Alone in the World:

I do not like reading a book and then really wanting to talk about it, but I can't find another soul who has read the same book.

4 comments:

  1. I definitely have the finish the chapter insomnia...I can totally relate to that! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Book Hoarder Club! *high five* *goes back to reading*

    EEE getting interrupted is the worst! Sometimes I feel bad for snapping at someone (quite a while later, but still), and yet they should've known not to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list of book related problems!! I don't read while in the tub... I'd be too worried the book would get wet! Here's a link to my TTT for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/02/top-ten-tuesday-ten-book-related.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading in the bath :) I've even sat in it so long that the hot water tank is full so I just run the cold out and basically have a second bath.
    I'm a terrible book hoarder too, sometimes I look at a shelf/pile and wonder why I still have a certain book because it was terrible, but I just can't give it away.
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete