Monday, November 3, 2014

Top Ten Books I Want To Reread

Its time for Top Ten Tuesday-hosted by The Broke and The Bookish! 

This week's theme: Top Ten Books I Want To Reread

1. Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafron:  His words are so beautiful and the story is unique and captivating.  I would love to read this again.


2. John Adams by David McCullough: This book is so big and full of interesting stories and facts about John Adams that I think when I reread it, I'll learn even more. 


3.  To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee:  Ok, so I have reread this book quite a few times, but I always up for another read.



4. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas:  This book was so incredibly good that I can hardly describe it.  Read it, love it, read it again! 


5. The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis: This book makes me ponder life and think about my actions and motivations for my actions.  Its a wonderful book for self reflection.


6. The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson: This is a well-written non-fiction book about the World's Fair in Chicago and serial killer on the loose.  It was fun, educational, and intriguing. 


7. Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein:  My dad read this to me as a little girl and I fully intend to read it to my little one. 


8. Love You Forever by Robert Munsch and Sheila McGraw: Much like the last book, my dad read this to me as a kid and I will read it to my kids. 


9. There's a Wocket in my Pocket by Dr. Suess: This is my favorite Suess book!


10. Silver Linings Playbook by Mathew Quick: This book spoke to me and I would definitely read it again.


I am hosting a Mystery Book Giveaway!  

18 comments:

  1. I started listening to the audiobook of The Shadow of the Wind and I really wanted to love it but I just couldn't get into it. I think I'd like to try and actually read the book instead. I feel the same as you about The Silver Linings Playbook, I thought it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sad, I thought it was great. But I read it and didn't listen to it and maybe that makes a difference.

      Delete
  2. Love the Dr Suess choice! How could I have overlooked him?!?

    I agree that there is no such thing as reading To Kill A Mockingbird too much. One of my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Kill a Mockingbird and Where the Sidewalk Ends! Yes, yes, yes. Such beautiful books. I still haven't read Silver Linings Playbook, but I sooo want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't recommend it enough, but know a few I recommended it to that didn't like it. I think it just spoke to me.

      Delete
  4. Wocket in my pocket is one of our favorite Dr. Seuss books. It's my goal to read 1000 books with my kids and all 3 you listed are on our bookshelf. Devil in thr White City was phenomenal and Silver Lining Playbook is on my TBR. But as you mentioned on my blog, Shadow, Mockingbird and Count we have in common :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an excellent goal and I might steal that when I have kids!

      Delete
  5. Great list! I love that you included some classics in there. I would love to reread To Kill A Mockingbird among others. Where the Sidewalk Ends and Love You Forever are amazing picks! Love it.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! TKAM is my favorite book of all time so its the only one I have reread multiple times.

      Delete
  6. Awww, I love the kid books on your list! Shel Silverstein is perfect for all ages, IMHO. It's great that you included John Adams on your list. I picked up that book a couple of years ago, and still need to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John Adams is an excellent read and very informative. And I LOVE Shel Silverstein. That man's children's books are classic!

      Delete
  7. I read The Screwtape Letters recently for the first time, so I imagine I'll want to read it again one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really made me think about myself. Its a fun read with a unique perspective.

      Delete
  8. Oh man I was just thinking about Where The Side Walk Ends! I love that book so much, I had to have read it dozens of times when I was younger, I still own my first copy of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome. My parents still have out first copy and the dust cover is gone and the pages and cover are so worn and dingy from many children's hands.

      Delete
  9. There's A Wocket in My Pocket was one of my favorites! Love!
    thanks for stoppin' by! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a great book! And you have an excellent week as well!

      Delete