Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #3): 3 Stars



 The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan

Here is another adventure of  Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon. In this story, Camp Half-Blood seems to be at risk.  It is up to some hunters (Bianca and Zoe), Thalia, and Grover to save camp and Annabeth, who was taken. Percy finds a way to join them but without them knowing. They know that on this journey, one will be lost in a world with rain and one will fall by their father's hand.

This book was slower than the first two, but I was grateful to have Grover back on the journey. He is one of my favorites.

I once again listened to this one on tape, with narrator Jesse Bernstein. It was an awful read.  I can hear him reading and I feel like his emphasis is off from the author's intention. Also, he does a voice of the Pegasus that makes me want to rip my ears off.  It's like a neigh-talking.  Its so terrible.  Ugh....get a new reader!

Rating: PG

No comments:

Post a Comment