Thursday, August 15, 2013

Book Boyfriends

I recently found a post by Belle of the Literati's about book boyfriends. Now I tend to not read romance novels or anything normal along those lines, so my book boyfriends are interesting...but then again so is my taste in men. I like them a little rugged and/or damaged. Damaged guys make the best boyfriends in books. Its like Batman.  Do you think Batman would be Batman if it weren't for his parents dying?  While he's damaged, that's what makes him awesome.


1. Sam Roxton in I've Got Your Number: He's cute, he's successful and he's a sweetheart. Seriously, break me off a piece of THAT.  So his mom died and he's got some attachment issues, I'll still take him!



2. Julián Carax in The Shadow of the Wind: Talk about damaged boys!  Julian has got some major issues, but my goodness I had such a crush on him while reading this book.  If they ever make a movie (which I hope they don't since they will just ruin it), he'd have to be someone really really attractive to match up to the person in my mind.



3. Pat Peoples in Silver Linings Playbook: Ok, so my list of damaged boys continues. But seriously, what a sweetheart.  I adored Pat in the book (and casting Bradley Cooper didn't hurt at all).  



4. Robert Langdon in Angels and Demons: I like to pretend the movies never happened with this one. Seriously, Tom Hanks is NOT Robert Langdon.  Langdon is rugged and gorgeous. He's smart and sophisticated, but not always right and he knows that.



5. Huckleberry Finn in Huckleberry Finn: I definitely would date the older version of Huckleberry Finn (since he's an underage boy in the book and I'm not a pedophile).  But I adore Huckleberry Finn. He does what he wants. He's sweet and caring, but he never settles for what he's given.  He has a desire for more and the word "can't" means nothing to him.



6. Ford Prefect in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:  A cute, sarcastic alien who lives life in the moment? Yes, please!



7. Abraham Van HelSing in Dracula: While I love Hugh Jackman, he is not Van Helsing. Van Helsing is older (I'm ok with older) and wise.  What I love more is that he knows so much about Dracula that you know that man has had previous adventures.  He tells these prime and proper men and women to do the craziest things, and they think its crazy, but feel such trust in him, despite barely knowing him, that they do as he asks. He has a commanding and strong persona. What girl doesn't love that?



8. Charlie Weasley in the Harry Potter series: I know, I know,  out of everyone in the Harry Potter series, why Charlie Weasley?  He trains and studies dragons.  Dragons! What a badass.



9. Patrick in The Perks of Being a Wallflower: Patrick had such a fun and unique personality, I couldn't help but love him. He might be gay, which would but a small damper in our relationship, but that's ok.



10. Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice: I haven't read this book yet, but from everything I have seen, I adore him. And if he happens to look like Colin Firth, I'll take it! 
Who's on your list???

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! Ford Prefect - I can't imagine he's on anyone else's list, but he'd definitely be on mine!! We're also definitely in agreement on Charlie Weasley (DRAGONS I say, dragons!), and Darcy is a given. You should really read the book!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad other people agree with me! And I really do just need to read that book.

      Delete